SEEKING: Downeast Conservation Network COORDINATOR
Hancock and Washington Counties, Maine
The Downeast Conservation Network (DCN) is seeking a part-time Coordinator. DCN works region-wide to connect conservation, research, education, and people in Downeast Maine.
DCN has identified three primary goals:
Goal 1. Initiate conversations about visions for the future for Downeast Maine, including connections between conservation, research, education, and people across the region.
Goal 2. Help Downeast Maine build capacity to maintain its natural landscapes and thriving human communities.
Goal 3. Develop funding for the Network so that it can serve as a sustainable resource for the region.
The network follows these guiding principles:
1. Promote the mutual well-being of human and natural communities;
2. Add value by communicating and making connections between conservation, research, education, and individuals (not duplicating effort);
3. Continually assess community needs and priorities;
4. Identify areas of research important to the region’s climate resilience, biodiversity, and economic well-being;
5. Provide research resources and make data widely available for groups working on local conservation and education.
Title: DCN Coordinator
Reports to: DCN Steering Committee
Nature/Hours: Part-time contract position, with flexibility based on project needs and funding (grants)
Start Date: December 2018
Deadline to apply: November 9, 2018
- Support and build a strong steering committee; seek and build committee involvement with strategic direction and support.
- Actively engage steering committee members, event committees, partnering organizations, and funders.
- Review, advise, and plan network’s implementation of established strategic plan.
- Identify and secure grant funding; track and report grant commitments.
- Coordinate and manage public and network events – often working with resource managers and other specialists on events targeting multi-organization collaboration, ecological and resource planning, conserved lands, and community engagement.
- Coordinate internal network resources and contractors for the effective execution of projects.
- Track and analyze projects’ performance and expenditures; manage partners’ roles and project risks, overflows, deficits.
- Required and Desirable Traits
- The DCN Coordinator will be committed to DCN’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience.
- An advanced degree is preferred, with 5+ years of experience with network/partnership management, regional conservation partnerships, and/or multi-organizational management.
- A track record of effectively working with a Steering Committee or Board, leading an outcomes-based organization and staff on a regional and/or national scale, and of developing and implementing strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach network members, manage, and develop high-performance teams; set and achieve strategic objectives; and manage a budget.
- Experience with project management practices and tools to create, manage, and track project scheduling, performance, cost, verify scope.
- Strong development, marketing, and public relations experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Experience working with large landscape conservation, and/or ecological approaches.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative.
- Ability to reliably travel within the Downeast region.
What DCN Offers:
- A varying project portfolio with potential increasing responsibilities
- Flexible work as an independent consultant
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- A strategic plan, multi-year funding, and projects in progress
- Email cover letter, resume, and list of 3 references by, November 9, 2018 to:
Marla O’Byrne, DCN Coordinator, at: email@example.com